- B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) - Four years
- M.Sc. Nursing - Two years
- Post Basic Diploma courses in Nursing- 1year
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: English is the medium of instruction for all the courses and for the examinations of the courses.
B.Sc. Nursing (Basic)
Duration of course: 4 years
Annual intake: 50
Eligibility: Passed 2 years Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent with Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry and English or Intermediate Vocational (Nursing or MPHW) or Inter with Bridge course of Biological and physical sciences and should have secured not less than 50% of marks taken together in Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry and English, 40% in case of SC, ST categories and should have completed 17 years and should not have completed 35 years age as on 31st December of Admission year. For SC/ST candidates the upper age limit relaxed by 3 years.
M Sc. Nursing
Duration of the course: 2 years.
Annual Intake: 30 as per INC (Medical Surgical Nursing-6, Paediatric Nursing-6, Community Health Nursing-6, Psychiatric Nursing Nursing-6, Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing-6).
- Age: Candidates should not have completed 45 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission. For candidates belonging to SC and ST the maximum age limit shall be 48 years.
- Sex: Women only.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have passed B.Sc, (Nursing) /Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing) from an Institution which is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council with minimum of 55% aggregate marks and 5% relaxation of marks for SC and ST candidates.
- Entrance Test: Must have secured not less than 45 marks in the Entrance Test. In case of SC and ST candidates, minimum marks shall be not less than 35 marks.
- Registration with Nursing Council: Candidate should be Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife of Indian Nursing Council for Service and Non-Service candidates.
- a) Minimum one year of work experience after Registration of B Sc Nursing.
- b) Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Registration of Post Basic B Sc Nursing.
- Physical Fitness: The candidate shall be medically fit.
Branches of study: The following shall be the branches of study for M.Sc. Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing (All sub-specialities as recognised by INC)
- Child Health (Paediatric) Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing
- Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing
Post Basic Diploma courses in Nursing
Duration of the course: One year.
Annual Intake: 15 as per INC.Speciality areas:
Operation Room Nursing.
- Cardiothoracic Nursing.
- Oncology Nursing.
- Critical care Nursing.
Eligibility: A candidate who seeks admission to Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Course should:
Be a registered nurse (R.N & R.M) or equivalent.
- Possess a minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse.
- Nurses from other countries must obtain an equivalent certificate from INC before admission.
- Be physically fit.